Gilmore Construction Director of Business Development and Safety Manager Vincent T. Gilmore is the Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce’s Corporate Executive of the Year.
The Black Chamber on Oct. 6 honored Mr. Gilmore, who has worked for Gilmore Construction for 15 years and in the construction industry for 25 years, with an Ascension Award during an elegant dinner and ceremony to celebrate Colorado corporate and civic leaders for their achievements in business, community service and volunteerism.
Mr. Gilmore is prized at our company and beyond for his unique abilities to build highly productive — and lasting — relationships. He is also deeply appreciated for his volunteer efforts to teach children, strengthen communities and equip and empower minority business owners to reach their professional goals. His current contributions include:
- Serving as youth instructor for the Colorado Association of Black Professional Engineers and Scientist (CABPES). Gilmore is a big supporter of this important organization, and we invite you to learn more about it.
- Serving several minority-owned companies as a resource for basic business-development matters.
- Participating on the Leadership Board for the Center for Work Education and Employment. This nonprofit helps low-income and single-parent families gain the skills and education needed to transition from public assistance.
- Mentoring young adults at Urban Peak, a nonprofit organization helping youth overcome poverty and homelessness to become self-reliant adults. We have been honored to support Urban Peak.
- Serving as Vice President of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO).
- Serving as Co-Chairman of the Construction Empowerment Initiative Committee with the City and County of Denver (CEI)
- Serving as Co-Chairman for Colorado Department of Transportation Construction Forum.
Mr. Gilmore is passionate about creating possibilities and is a team player with the energy and enthusiasm that motivates others to achieve their full potential. We salute him, too.