St. Stephen Church is the very first newly-constructed church in Denver’s Stapleton neighborhood. Parishoners have worshiped at several locations throughout Denver since the church was founded in 1900 as Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church. Its last previous home was 3125 Humboldt St., where the Rev. Randolph C. West, Jr., has led the congregation since 1991.
The church’s new address is 2050 Uinta St. Its 3.4-acre campus features a 22,000-square-foot church and stretches along the heavily-traveled Montview Boulevard, the neighborhood’s southern boundary. Neighbors include the Denver School of Science and Technology, an apartment complex of hundreds of units and hundreds of single-family homes, all within walking distance.
The church’s new campus is being developed in phases. The first phase includes the Acacia Learning Center, which will provide care and educational instruction for children 6 weeks to 13 years of age. Acacia is accepting enrollment. To learn more about all it offers, please visit http://www.acaciastapleton.com
The campus’ second phase of construction will include a 580-seat sanctuary on the same site.