Gilmore is a supporter of the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council, who is now touting the creation of PRISM, a new National Online Certification and Re-certification Application to be integrated into the national minority supplier management information database. We think this will be a great thing for minority-owned construction companies like Gilmore.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
- “All applicants (certification/recertification) must complete the short Pre-Qualification questions. It is important that they read the questions because if answered incorrectly, the application will be locked. At that point, the applicant will need to contact the Mountain Plains MSDC to unlock the application.
- For recertification, MBEs must enter the Council name, Tax ID and Company Name correctly in order to retrieve the MBE information. If you are unsure of the name that was used initially, please check the certificate that was issued.
- MBEs do not require any login/password to complete a certification or recertification application. A unique application ID will automatically be created for you. This ID will be required if you want to save and return to complete the application.
- Payment by check will no longer be accepted. All payments must be made electronically via a secured payment gateway.
- The Mountain Plains MSDC will no longer accept paper support documents. The documents must be uploaded at the end of the application process.
- When you are recertifying for the first time using the new application, you will be required to enter new information to complete the application. This is due to the differences between the old system and the new one.
- You will be able to access the system from the Mountain Plains MSDC website under the Get MBE Certified -> Application tab. To begin a new certification or a re-certification application, click the “Apply Now” link and you will be directed to the PRISM application site.”
Start your application here.